It doesn’t matter what course you are doing. You need to know what options you have when you leave school or college.
Think ahead. Plan ahead. Get ahead.
There are two main questions to consider:
1. What type of job will suit me?
To find out what jobs could suit you, think about:
- Your priorities - what is most important to you? Is it:
- Job satisfaction?
- Work / life balance?
- Your location?
- How far you'll travel for work?
- Promotion prospects?
- Your likes and dislikes
- What you are good at (and what you are not so good at)
2. What career path can I take?
Some careers have very specific paths, and for others there are a variety of paths you could take. When deciding on the path for you consider:
- How long will it take?
- How much will it cost?
- Can I get the job I want through this path?
- Which path will best suit the way I learn best?