The Royal Welsh is the biggest agricultural show in Europe. It brings together food and industry and the rural community in a Welsh celebration of the best of British agriculture.
Farming is a vital industry so why not consider a career in food and farming?
Your choice of careers in food and farming is bigger than ever. There are a range of different careers in the sector to choose from. You could be:
- using the latest cutting edge technology to develop new ways of growing food products
- farm worker
- a herd manager
- an agricultural engineer
- the person that trades and sells food
- a soil scientist
- an agricultural technician who makes sure all the machinery is ready to go
Did you know?
- Nearly 4% of the total workforce in Wales is employed in food and farming (Welsh Government priority sectors 2018)
- 49% of Welsh agricultural workers are self-employed (Welsh Government priority sectors 2018)
- 63% of all the food we eat is produced by British farmers and growers. In the future this will need to increase to feed a growing population (Bright Crop 2019)
Careers Wales at the Royal Welsh
Visit us at the show and speak to one of our Career Advisers about your career ideas and options. Find us at location D243 in the showground.
Explore your career ideas